If you are participating in the event and planning on bringing materials, display projects or competition bots, please read these load-in / out instructions for the event!
Saturday, October 6, 2018 10a - 6p
Sunday, October 7, 2018 10a - 4p
The Wond’ry @ Vanderbilt University
2414 Highland Ave. Nashville, TN 27212
IMPORTANT DATES AND INSTRUCTIONS:
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5th – EARLY LOAD IN
Security will be provided Friday evening through Saturday morning, so your booth materials will be protected overnight until you arrive Saturday morning to set up.
Saturday morning (7 am - 9:45 am) report to the registration table to check-in and Vanderbilt and Make Nashville volunteers will be onsite to escort you to your booth space.
Please be set-up & ready to go by 9:45 Saturday Morning!
No cover/tent is provided but, feel free to bring a tent for outdoor exhibits (Tents must have weights due to not being able to put any stakes in the ground around campus.) No tents can be used indoors.
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5th – MAKER MIXER HOSTED BY MAKE NASHVILLE
SATURDAY, OCT 6th – NASHVILLE MINI MAKER FAIRE
Here’s what you need to know:
- You must arrive SATURDAY BETWEEN 7 to 9:45 a.m. to set up. We will have space to unload set up near the Wond’ry and then you can park your vehicle in the 25th Avenue garage. (If you arrive after 9:30 you will not be able to unload on-site and will need to unload from the garage or exhibitor parking lot)
- The Mini Maker Faire is a rain-or-shine indoor/outdoor event. All exhibitors will set up in spaces around the Wond’ry & Engineering Building (inside & outside)
- Bring your own pop-up tent or other cover, and be prepared for any type of weather. You will be provided one 6-foot table and two folding chairs (additional space/tables can be requested before-hand.)
- You will need to bring weights for your tent as it cannot be staked in the Vanderbilt lawn.
- This is also a “family-friendly” festival. Please refrain from inconsiderate or offensive behavior or sales items.
- Please respond to this email and let us know all the names of your group, if you haven’t done so yet.
- Each exhibitor will need to register for an exhibitor band on Eventbrite.
- Please register early (not on-site) so your tags are ready at Maker Check-in.
- Set-up and tear-down of your booth are your responsibility but, if you need assistance please let a staff member know.
- If you require electrical power for your booth, please bring your own 10 or 25-foot heavy gauge extension cord (and power strip if needed) in order to reach the power source.
Social Media Promotions:
- In the meantime, promote the Faire to all your friends and post on social media. Direct people to www.nashvillemakerfaire.com or our social media channels:
- www.twitter.com/MakerFaireNash (@MakerFaireNash)
- & @MakerFaireNash on Instagram
- If you are a band, performance group, individual or community group feel free to set up a Facebook event (or share ours on your page) to show your participation and we will help announce you and share it.
- Please tag any social media pictures with #NashvilleMakerFaire, #MakerFaireNash or #MakerFaire for the greatest visibility.
- Media may be in attendance. Please be prepared to be interviewed, photographed and/or videotaped. In addition, your likeness may be used for marketing purposes by the event organizers (Vanderbilt, Make Nashville, NOMCON and Maker Media).
- Stage and Live Music. A small stage will be set up on the patio of the Wond’ry. The stage will have the sound monitored so that the volume is kept at a reasonable level (i.e. not “concert” levels). Performers, dancers, groups, and makers will be featured throughout the day.
- Power Racing Series. This year’s Faire will include a large-scale Power Racing Series sanctioned race, which features kid-size, adult-driven electric vehicles that are modified for high performance.
- Food trucks will be parked on the street facing the stage outside the Wond’ry.
- Tobacco usage. Tobacco use is not permitted anywhere on the Vanderbilt campus.
YOUR BOOTH MUST BE “SHOW READY” BY 9:45 A.M. The gates will open at 10:00 a.m., so we want the Faire to be “live” by 9:45 am. Please set up early!
NO VEHICLES WILL BE ALLOWED IN FRONT OF THE WOND’RY TO SET UP AFTER 9:30 A.M. We strongly recommend you arrive early to avoid congestion.
SATURDAY 6th SET-UP: Saturday 7:00 am - 9:45 am Sunday 8:30 am – 9:45 am
- When you arrive at your assigned booth location, stop and unload first.
- Unload only and then move your vehicle as others will need to unload!
- PLEASE park your vehicle in the volunteer/vendor lots as directed before you start setting up.
- Maker Faire staff will be onsite to direct you to parking.
- After you’ve parked your vehicle, feel free to explore the area and set up your booth.
- If your materials take a long time to set up, please consider arriving as early as possible.
Maker Faire staff will be onsite to direct you to your assigned booth.
- SITE LAYOUT: You will get your table position and layout when you check in at Maker/Exhibit Check-In Friday night or Saturday morning.
- PLEASE BE READY... THE SHOW OPENS AT 10AM
DURING THE FAIRE: Sat. 10 am – 6 pm & Sun 10a - 4p
It’s the moment we’ve all been waiting & planning for!
- Engage with visitors, show off your wares, smile, teach, share, post to social media #NashvilleMakerFaire and/or #MakerFaire. Please make sure your booth is staffed. If you need a water or quick break have one of the info booths notify us.
- If you need a break, ask a volunteer to get someone to cover for you.
- It’s important that visitors always have someone they can interact with at each booth/table.
TEAR-DOWN: Sunday 4:01 pm
Please pack up before pulling your vehicle in to load.
Please load your vehicle and then move it so others can load. As soon as your vehicle is loaded, please drive out of the space so others can load. If needed, you can move your vehicle to one of the vendor/volunteer lots after loading.
Please make sure EVERYTHING is packed up and ready to be loaded BEFORE you leave to bring your vehicle back. It will make the process go more efficiently if vehicles are only loading in the spaces nearest the Wondr’y.
Anyone arriving after 9:30 am will not be able to access the Wondr’y Parking and Faire exhibit area with a personal vehicle. All drivers will be directed to park at the vendor lot or the 25th Ave. garage.
- Garland Ave. will be closed except to Food Trucks for the DURATION of faire hours.